National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted a raid on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 17 locations in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. The raid was conducted to target an ISIS-inspired module styled as “Harkat-ul-Harb-e-Islam”. The raid was conducted with support of Delhi Police and UP Police and 10 suspects were detained.
NIA received information earlier this month about a group of pro-ISIS individuals who have formed a terrorist group and are planning to carry out terrorist attacks targeting Politicians, Government installations, sensitive locations and crowded places in and around Delhi/NCR. The mastermind of the module is identified as Mufti Mohd. Suhail Hazrath s/o Hafiz Ahmad, native of Amroha, UP. NIA registered a case on December 20, 2018 and investigation was taken up forthwith.
List of items seized
Terror group managed to procure weapons, ammunition and explosive material to prepare IED’s and bombs. They planned to carry out explosions and fidayeen attacks at different crowded places in Delhi/NCR. NIA conducted raids at 6 places in Jafrabad, Seelampur, Delhi and 11 places in Uttar Pradesh(6 in Amroha, 2 in Lucknow, 2 in Hapur, 1 in Meerut). The seized items include:
- 25 kg of explosive material(Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Sulphur)
- Sugar material paste
- 12 Pistols
- 150 rounds of live ammunition
- 1 country- made rocket launcher
- 112 alarm clocks
- Mobile phone circuits
- 51 Pipes
- remote control car triggering switch
- Wireless digital doorbell for remote switch
- Steel containers
- Electric Wires
- 91 Mobile phones
- 134 SIM cards
- 3 laptops
- ISIS-related literature
- Cash amount of Rs. 7.5 lacs approximately
Details of Persons arrested by NIA
NIA detained 5 people from Amroha, UP and other 5 people from different places of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. The group was formed around 4-5 months back. Among the arrests, Mufti Mohd. Sohail is the mastermind. He was in touch with a foreign mastermind whose identity is still unknown. List of people arrested are:
- Mufti Mohd. Suhail Hazrath s/o Hafeez Ahmad, 29 years, native of Amroha. He was currently staying at Jaffrabad, Delhi and working as Mufti (Cleric) in a Madrasa at Hakim Mahtab Uddin Hashmi Road, Amroha, UP. He had tasked other team members to procure arms, explosives and other accessories to prepare IED’s and pipe-bombs.
- Anas Yunus S/o Mohd. Younus, 24 years, r/o Jafrabad, Delhi. He is pursuing Civil Engineering at a University in Noida. He was instrumental in procuring electrical items, alarm clocks & batteries etc. in furtherance of their terror conspiracy.
- Rashid Zafar Raq Zafar s/o Iqbal Ahmad, 23 years, r/o Jafrabad, Delhi. He is into garments business.
- Saeed Sayeed s/o Habeeb, 28 years, r/o Saidapur Imma, Amroha, UP and has a welding shop in Amroha.
- Raees Ahmad S/o Habeeb and brother of Said Sayeed, r/o Saidapur Imma, Amroha, UP and has a Karkhana (welding shop) at IslamNagar, Near Idgah, Amroha, Uttar Pradesh. The two brothers Saeed and Raees had procured huge quantity of explosive material/gun powder (approx.25 kg) for preparing IED’s and pipe bombs and were instrumental in fabricating a rocket launcher to carry out terrorist attacks.
- Zubair Malik s/o Gulzar Ahmad, 20 years, r/o Jaffrabad, Delhi, studying in B.A 3rd year at a University in Delhi.
- Zaid Malik, s/o Gulzar Ahmad, brother of Zabair Malik, 22 years, r/o Jaffrabad, Delhi. Both the brothers i.e. Zaid & Zubair were part of the terror conspiracy and were instrumental in procuring batteries, connectors, SIM cards on fake documents and mobilising funds for buying bomb -making material.
- Saqib Iftekar s/o Iftekar, 26 years r/o Vait, PO Simbhaoli, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh and working as Imam in Jama Masjid, Baksar, Uttar Pradesh. He helped the master-mind Mufti Mohd. Suhail in procuring weapons.
- Mohd. Irshad s/o Ishtiyak, r/o Mohalla Qazi Zada, Amroha, Uttar Pradesh. He is an auto-rickshaw driver and was helping Mohd. Suhail in arranging a hide-out for keeping the material for making IED’s and bombs.
- Mohd. Azam s/o Hafiz Ahmad, 35 years, r/o Chauhan Bajar, Gashi Mendu, Delhi. He runs a medical shop in Seelampur, Shahdara, Delhi and helped the master-mind in arranging weapons.
12 Days remand by Patiala Court House
The arrested accused were produced before the NIA Special Court, Patiala Court House, New Delhi on Thursday, December 27, 2018. The court ordered 12 days remand for the 10 suspects arrested by NIA.
Got Queries? Ask with #NIAraid
Subscribe us to get more latest news.